Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Touch - Wahine Toa



Just when I thought I was getting used to the heat, I decided to play in another touch tournament.  The team chose not to tell me it was all day.  This meant 8 hours in the heat.  We played 9 games, they were 15 minutes long however they felt much longer and I helped ref 4 games (the standard is not that high over here)  We came second to another expat team from KB  (about 1.5 hours from here).  During our top of the table game with this team and 1 minute into the game the referee blew his whistle (and  received  much abuse from both teams) it was of course, prayer time.  This meant the game had to stop for 5 minutes while prayers were conducted.  Only in Brunei would this happen, why I asked, could we not have started the game after prayer time, they were already running over 1 hour late (time keeping is not the big over here) but that apparently would have been too obvious.   I can tell you by the last game not even the mind was willing let alone the body.  It was however a great day out and a great bunch of expat Kiwis girls (I say that lightly) that I play with (note I'm the only white Wahine in the team).  Looking forward to our next tournament and being able to walk freely again!!

Half time - water needed (was the quickest I moved all day)

The poor ref stood no chance with 6 Kiwi chicks given him advice on every decision!!

We had already scored and on our way back to half way, not sure what she was doing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment