Friday, May 25, 2012

Mosque Visit and Tasek Lama

Being a full time home mum means I can go on all class trips.   Liam's class was off to a mosque and then a visit to a waterfall.  Great I thought my opportunity to visit a mosque and Brunei's version of a waterfall.  Guess which Kiwi said "Is that it?", waterfall try trickle down the side of a man made rockface!!  The mosque is quite spectacular from the oustide but very disapointing inside and this is before the brain washing talk starts.  I lost interest in the first minute so the kids did very well to pretend to be focused for all 30 minutes of our tour, personally I think they had all switched off after the initial greeting.  The park or Tasek Lama was great for the kids as they got to run around, it has beautiful nature walks one of which I have started doing on a Monday morning with the expat Dads here.  It takes around 1 hour and I can't breathe (or talk) by the time we which the top of the hill, (Bruneians call it a mountain but it is a hill)  the view is spectacular over Brunei so well worth the effort.  My legs are still recovering from Mondays walk and it is now Saturday.  However I have done it twice this week and also played touch.  We are slowly getting used to the heat and breathing is becoming slightly easier.  I have another touch tournament next weekend and appear to be the only player praying for rain again on that day.  Photos below of our visit to the mosque me in my full black rope, although I already had on a full length skirt and fully covered arms we were still made to put on the rob.  Liam and his mates on Tasek Lama.



Liam and his mates on top of Tasek Lama






No comments:

Post a Comment